Today, for our Homemade Dog Food Recipes column, we are going to see how to prepare a meaty, yummy stew that our dog will go crazy for.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts.
- 1/2 cup of brown rice.
- 3/4 cup of cubed sweet potato.
- 3/4 cup of cubed potato.
- 1/2 cup of peas.
- 1/2 carrots (well chopped).
- 3/4 cup of canned chickpeas, black beans or garbanzo beans.
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, finely chopped (remove every seed).
- Put the chicken into a pot of water and bring it to a boil.
- Skim off any fat and let it sit and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add all your vegetables, except the chickpeas, and cook until soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the chickpeas and the apple.
- Mix well and store in the fridge.
- Warm this meal up in a pot before serving.
3 reasons why chicken is good for homemade dog food recipes.
- With chicken you can prepare excellent low-fat dog food.
- Chicken allows you to cook incredibly high-protein dog food.
- Chicken meat helps overweight and obese dogs in losing weight fast.
As we mentioned in one of our first articles, dogs don’t have to eat meat only. Good sources of proteins are legumes like chickpeas.
3 reasons why chickpeas are good for homemade dog food.
- Like chicken, chickpeas are an exquisite ingredient to prepare high-protein dog food.
- High-fiber content, which helps to lower cholesterol and improve blood-sugar level. Recommended for a variety of diabetic dog food.
- Top ingredient for obese dogs since they are an exceptionally-low-fat food.