We keep adding delicious dished to our homemade dog food recipes collection, and today we are going to see how vegetables and meat can mix together and generate a unique and healthy menu.
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth (no salt)
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground chicken, turkey, lean beef, bison
- 1/2 cup of brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (2% milkfat)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats (not cooked)
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of wheat germ
- Add the brown rice flour and the chicken broth to the sauce pan and bring all to a slow boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Set it aside and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Blend meat, cottage cheese, vegetables, and eggs in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the wheat germ and the remainder of ingredients.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to the loaf pan and bake at 350F for one hour.
Why is spinach good for homemade dog food?
- Excellent to prepare an overall low-calorie dog food, but highly rich in vitamins and mineral.
- Effectively lower blood pressure, highly suggested for obese dogs.
- It provides vitamin K and calcium that help maintaining the strength and density of our dog’s bones.
Why adding zucchini to our homemade dog food recipes is beneficial?
- It maintains low-blood sugar, excellent for obese dogs.
- It contains fibers which help lower cholesterol, always recommended for obese dogs.
- Along with fibers, the magnesium and potassium present in zucchini help lower blood pressure. This can also be a great aid for overweight dogs.
Did your dog like this recipe? Let us know by leaving a comment below.