Have you ever used tomatoes for your healthiest dog biscuit recipes? We did it with a lot of success, and that’s the only reason why we are suggesting you to do the same. Your dog will simply love the taste of these all natural dog biscuits.
- 1⁄4 cup of hot water
- 8 beef or chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 package of dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups of tomato juice (no salt)
- 2 cups of flour (plain or rye)
- 2 cups of wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 cups of whole-wheat flour
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Place the hot water and bouillon cubes in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Sprinkle the yeast over this mixture and let it stand for about 5 minutes, until the yeast is dissolved.
- Add the tomato juice, half the flour and the wheat germ and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Gradually work in the remaining flour and the whole-wheat flour with your hands. Divide the dough into 4 balls.
- Roll each ball out on a floured board to about 1⁄4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into shapes and place them on a greased cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let the biscuits dry in the oven for about 4 hours.
The main benefit of tomatoes is that they are a great source of antioxidant, additionally tomatoes provide a significant quantity of vitamin C, which is really important to protect our dog from possible immune system deficiencies.
Overall we can consider this Surprise Healthy Dog Treats recipe as a good way to prepare a very healthy, low-fat dog food with many high-quality ingredients from a nutritious point of view.