The dog biscuit recipe we are going to prepare today, features an ingredient we have never used before, mint. After the preparation of this dog biscuit recipe, we are going to see what are the main benefits of consuming mint.
- 2 cups of rye flour (or millet or brown rice for a sweeter biscuit)
- 1⁄2 cup of sunflower oil or olive oil
- 2/3 cup of warm water
- 1⁄2 cup of white flour
- 1⁄4 cup of cornmeal or substitute bran for an allergic dog
- 1⁄4 tablespoon of vanilla or mint ( your choice)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix all your ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mold the dough into a ball (about 3-4 minutes).
- Roll the dough out to 1⁄4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into shapes with a dog cookie cutter and bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake your biscuits for 30 minutes.
Fun Facts on Mint
- Mint is a powerful antioxidant and protects our dog’s body against the formation of cancerous cells.
- Mint combat bad breath.
- Mint is a very good cleanser for the blood.
- Mint act as a natural mild sedative, since it has calming properties.
Let us know what you think about this minty dog biscuit recipe.