This exotic and kind of unique dog biscuit recipe will certainly be a fun experience, both for you preparing it and for your dog enjoying it. Make sure to read everything until the end and discover why this dog biscuit recipe is so special.
Ingredients: (6-7 cookies per roll)
- 2 tablespoons of toasted wheat germ
- 1 3⁄4 cups of plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup of brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup of sesame seeds
- rind of 1 lemon (grated)
- 12 tablespoons of butter
- 1⁄2 cup of ground walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon of vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Combine all the ingredients in one big bowl.
- Knead until it is completely blended (this process will take about 3-4 minutes).
- Divide the mixture into 6 parts.
- Roll each part into a log.
- Wrap loosely in parchment paper.
- You can either freeze it or bake it right away.
- When needed (if frozen), thaw it and slice it into 1⁄2-inch thick slices.
- Place your cookies on an ungreased cookie pan.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
Do you know why wheat germs are so special for our dog biscuit recipe?
- Good concentration of omega-3 which helps to lower high blood pressure.
- Good concentration of B vitamins boosts the body’s metabolism. Important for senior dogs.
- Incredible concentration of minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium.
- Excellent source of fiber, effective in preventing weight gain.
- Good source of protein which represents a valid alternative to chicken and red meat.
We hope you enjoyed our special dog biscuit recipe. For more recipes check out, our ever-growing archive.