We love this Healthy Dog Treats recipe. It is one of the first recipes we developed, and every time we crank it out, it meets with great success. So let’s pass directly to this fantastic recipe.
Best & Healthiest Dog Biscuit Ever
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups of oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups of whole-wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups of corn meal
- 1⁄2 cup of oat bran
- 1/ 3 cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups of chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- Preheat your oven to 300 F.
- Grease two large cookie sheets.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the egg, oil and broth.
- Mix well and form a soft dough (it has to be firm enough to roll out).
- Flour a working surface, and roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut the dough into shapes.
- Place the shape on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Let the biscuits sit for 2-3 hours in the oven until it is completely cool.
You can store your biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature for several months.
Why do our pups love this delicious and healthiest dog biscuit recipe?
If we consider oat and oat bran as our key ingredients, we can immediately understand why our dogs feel so good by eating these biscuits.
- Oat has the ability to lower cholesterol and as a consequence it prevents from cardiovascular diseases. Nowadays, canine heart disease is a serious problem that affects a growing number of dogs.
- Secondly, oat can control blood sugar levels, very important factor for diabetic dogs.