With this simple and practical procedure, you will find yourself more and more often making dog food instead of buying it.
This Healthy Dog Treats Recipe allows you to prepare a couple of dozens small biscuit bones which you can even preserve in the freezer or in a cold environment for a pretty long time.
Homemade All Natural Dog Biscuit Recipe For Beginners
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1/2 lukewarm water- 2 tablespoons dry parsley (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (note: no salt added)
- 2 or 3 tablespoons honey (better if liquid)
- 1 egg
- 5-6 cups whole-wheat flour (you can also use rye or bran)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Dissolve your yeast in a large bowl in the warm water.
- Add parsley (if you chose to use it), chicken, honey and egg.
- Slowly blend the flour and keep adding until you form a stiff dough.
- Flour a working surface.
- Now knead your dough until it is smooth. This should take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Shape your dough into a ball and then roll it out to about º inch thick.
- Use any kind of dog cookie cutter (we will talk more in depth about this useful tool), bones and paws are kind of cute.
- Put the bones on an ungreased baking sheet, spacing them about 1/4 inch apart.
- You can keep assembling the leftover pieces, roll them out and cutting more biscuits.
- In a normal hot air oven, these Healthy Dog Treats need to be baked for about 30 minutes.
This Healthy Dog Treats Recipe is a very good example of the balance between proteins (egg) and carbohydrates (honey wheat). Your dog will thank you for this light but complete delicacy.