We know many of you are desperately looking for easy, healthy and safe birthday dog cake recipes. We all want to make our puppy the happiest dog in the world, especially the day of its birthday! So, why not preparing an unforgettable present that our little best friend will never refuse but always request. It is worth remembering that all of our Dog Cake Recipes are always prepared with natural ingredients that every one of us can easily find in his own kitchen.
Therefore, if you decide to prepare one of those two recipes just after having read them, you probably will be able to do that without going to the grocery store. The first Dog Cake Recipe of today is called Carob Loaf Cake.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of margarine softened
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 2 ounces of melted carob
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan, 9″x5″x3″.
- Beat all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 65-70 minutes.
- Let it become cold.
- Frost it with cream cheese or plain yogurt.
What is good about this recipe for our dog? Carob, our main ingredient, is often compared to chocolate. Similarly to chocolate, carob powder is sweet, and it has a very similar color.
What is the main difference between chocolate and carob? One tablespoon of unsweetened carob powder contains 25 calories, no fat, no saturated fat, no cholesterol and 6 grams carbohydrate. On the other hand, one tablespoon of chocolate has 12 calories, 1 gram of fat, no saturated fat, no cholesterol, and 3 grams of carbohydrate. Additionally, carob contains three times as much calcium as chocolate.
The second homemade birthday dog cake recipe of today is more of a mix between sweet and salty, contrast that your dog will simply love.
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup Corn oil
- 1 Jar strained beef or liver baby food (2 1/2-ounce)
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Strips dog beef jerky, crumbled (optional)
- Plain yogurt (for dogs) or cottage cheese (for dogs or cats), for icing.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and then set aside.
- Mix everything in a large bowl, with an electric mixer at medium speed, cream margarine until smooth.
- Add corn oil, baby food and eggs; mix until smooth.
- At low speed, gradually beat flour mixture into beef mixture until batter is smooth.
- Fold in beef jerky.
- Pour batter into a well-greased and floured 8″x5″x3″ loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes.
- Let it cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before removing it from the pan to cool completely.
- Each slice has to be iced with yogurt or cottage cheese for dogs, or with cottage cheese for cats. Yield: 1 (8″) loaf cake.
With the hope that you appreciated those two complete dog cake recipes, we look forward to hearing from you what you would like to hear from us in the near future.